Friday, May 20, 2005

The first flight !!!

Well here I am with my version of my internship inspired by so many other people who have already put down their experiences in their blogs !! For all those who love me your wait is finally over and for those who don't, read it anyways ....
I couldn't have been more lucky in the way that the first time I am going out of the country and I got a chance to go to one of the most happening cities in one of the most happening countries of the most happening planet of this one of the most happening galaxies of this Universe (you must be glad I ended that !!) in short I flew to Los Angeles in the state of California in USA from Delhi Airport staying at Sinagpore and Tokyo airports on my way. If I won't say anything about singapore airport it would be an insult to it .. its simply the most amazing and splendid airport (though I haven't seen many, but I believe it is). The thing that I had to walk for almost 2 kms inside the airport to reach my other terminal crossing over 100 shops and some most splendid interiors itself tells you the story. The only other memorable thing in the whole journey was the fact that I got all the 3 seats to msyelf and I came like a prince for 9 hours from Tokyo to LA.
So here I am in a total foreign country .. actually me and Kaushik, another friend in the same University with just a piece of paper with an address in our hands. We looked for cabs and we found some advertisements. I called a random number (say no.1) and told them the location .. they said it will take us 37$ per head and that they are sending someone. I tried another number(say no.2) and they said they will take us in 15$, and we couldn't be happier(wow ... savings of 25$= 24*50-24*6 = thats almost a 1000 bucks) (indian thoughts ->I will buy a new jeans or a new RAM or ... in that in India). So we waited for our shuttle to come and suddenly a guy comes and asks my name and asks me to come to other side so that he can pick me up(counfused state).(Indian thoughts-> Who is this guy ?? What the hell does he want ?? LA is a dangerous place. scared !!) Well anyways we crossed the road and tried to ask him who he was but he was glued to his radio on which he was constantly talking to someone while keeping our luggage in his car.
Almost instantly a traffic policeman came and gave him a ticket for some wrong parking.He was furious but I couldn't have been more thankful to him for my jeans(oops for saving us). The thing was that he was sent by no.1 cab company to pick us up but he started abusing the policeman for giving him the ticket and we managed to save 25$. The policeman asked us a few questions and then let us go. Woooooo that was scary as well as a nice experience. Reached at my seniors' place at 3.30 !!! Had some verrrryyy delicious Indian food.(yummy ... )
Rest in next post. Keep looking this space and keep smiling! and ya keep writing :)

1 comment:

kpowerinfinity said...

haha !!! tere ko dekh ke taxiwallah psyche ho gaya :D